Do you suffer from a weak immune system? If you are looking for overall improved health then you should invest in strengthening your body’s immunity system. By bolstering your body’s natural defenses you can ward off many illnesses and avoid getting sick. It will take some dietary and lifestyle changes, but they are well worth the effort. Learn how to improve immunity naturally.
1. Get Enough Sleep Each Night
Poor sleep is linked to many illnesses and a tired body cannot fight disease with enough power to keep you healthy. That’s why it is imperative that you get 7 or more hours of sleep every night. If you’re having trouble sleeping, blue light from your electronic devices could be to blame. Try avoiding anything with a screen for up to an hour before bedtime.
2. Natural Juices That Support The Immune System
There are several great all-natural juices that can help build a healthy immune system. They taste great and can easily integrate into your diet. Here are three of the best juices for immunity:
Aloe Vera Juice: The mighty aloe vera plant is well known for its medicinal properties but did you know that it also stimulates your immune system by ramping up macrophages? Macrophages are powerful cells that fight invaders off in the bloodstream. Aloe is an immunity increasing food and is also very refreshing.
- Amla Juice: Indian gooseberry, or amla, contains a high concentration of vitamin C. Amla juice benefits can also help reduce oxidative damage that can lead to cancer and other diseases. It has a delicious taste so you can use it as an immunity booster for kids, too.
- Noni Juice: Also called Indian Mulberry, noni detoxes the body and is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that help fight disease. It also has antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties that also strengthen immunity. Ancient Indian cultures have known about the benefits of noni juice for a long time.
3. Eat More Whole Foods
Many people’s diets are lacking essential vitamins and nutrients needed to fight disease because they rely too heavily on processed foods. The more whole plant-based foods you eat, the more opportunities you have to get everything your body needs naturally to build up the immune system. These natural foods will also contain fewer toxins and more fiber to help flush your system. If you study more about whole nutrition you can learn how to increase immune system functions in your body.
4. Supplements That Strengthen Immunity
There are several supplements you can take to help improve your immune system and keep it healthy. Many are a mix of vitamins and minerals but there are two others worth mentioning. One is taking a probiotic which increases the amount of healthy bacteria in your body, the other is flaxseed. You can take flaxseed oil soft gel supplements to increase your immune response. Flaxseeds provide lignans, a substance that fights bacteria, viruses, and some cancers.
5. Add Moderate Exercise To Your Weekly Routine
Moderate exercise will give your immune system a boost and encourage the regeneration of healthy cells in the body. Examples of moderate exercise include walking, jogging, swimming, and riding a bike, among other things. Try doing these activities at least 30 minutes a day, several times a week, and aim for 150 minutes per week at a minimum.
By eating a healthy diet, getting more sleep, and participating in regular exercise, you can drastically reduce the number of times a year you get sick. This is how to increase immunity using healthy habits.